Site Instability When Enabling Geo-targeting

Home Forums AdRotate for WordPress General Support Site Instability When Enabling Geo-targeting

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Arnan 2 years ago.

Chris
    Badges:

Hi Arnan,

I just purchased AdRotate Pro specifically for the geo-targeting feature. Everything seems to work fine, except when I actually enable geo-targeting. When I do enable it, I begin to get extremely frequent “Error establishing a connection to database” errors when browsing around my site. When I enable WordPress debug, I see a lot of MySql warnings stating that I have already reached the max_user_connections.

I use Managed WordPress through GoDaddy – they do not allow me to increase this max_user_connections setting. I understand GoDaddy uses some form of caching on their end – I’m not sure if that might be causing an issue with the geo-targeting? Could you please advise?

Arnan
    Badges:

Sounds like you have insufficient hosting 🙁
    Try raising the max_user_connections or better yet, get hosting that doesn’t have a low limit for it.

Chris
    Badges:

Has anyone else reported similar issues with Managed WordPress on GoDaddy? Are there any other possible alternatives at all?

Arnan
    Badges:

Managed WordPress hosting generally is underpowered and the user has no direct control over anything but plugin and theme activations.

For any serious website it shouldn’t be considered.
    Self hosted/managed WordPress on any decent hosting is always better.

(That’s not to say Managed WP hosting is always crap, but generally speaking it’s not very good either…)

Arnan
    Badges:

And no, I’m not aware of other people having issues with your kind of hosting on GoDaddy – But there are hundreds if not thousands of hosting packages all over, so changes someone has your exact hosting is not all that great.
    I know that WP Engines offering often has issues on their managed hosting stuff, too. With all kinds of plugins. Which I imagine is similar to what GoDaddy offers.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Site Instability When Enabling Geo-targeting’ is closed to new replies.