Split: Scheduling Dates Are All Incorrect…. (new install!)

Home Forums AdRotate for WordPress Adverts and Banners Split: Scheduling Dates Are All Incorrect…. (new install!)

This topic contains 21 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Zoe Lyme Online 11 months ago.

360webfirm
    Badges:

I am having issues with Dates, but not like this. I add a NEW advert and its already expired, in fact, it expired in 1970 and I cannot make it work if I reset or anything. This happened after I migrated to new server and domain and then it wanted to be updated.

Arnan
    Badges:

If your issue is different, then your post belongs in it’s own topic.

Start with updating to the latest version and see if that improves things.

360webfirm
    Badges:

thats THE issue, I updated it this morning before this happened. lol

When I logged into website, it wanted to updated this plugin and I did.

360webfirm
    Badges:

I have Version 4.11.1 installed

360webfirm
    Badges:

Sorry for double posting.

Arnan
    Badges:

I’ve just tried it on the free version of AdRotate – Seems to work for me.

Which browser are you using?
    Does the date picker show up correctly?
    Does it enter the date correctly in the field after clicking a date?

360webfirm
    Badges:

I have tried tried browser, chrome and Firefox. Yes it shows up, I can add dates, then when saving, it does not take. Its not saving the new updated dates. Why is is showing 1970 in first place though? Just cannot get it to work. All was fine yesterday until I updated it this morning. The only difference is now I am running a SSL also.

360webfirm
    Badges:

Oh, after reading your message again, when clicking date, no calendar or anything, I have to type in fields myself is this makes any difference

Arnan
    Badges:

If it’s the same in all browsers then the issue is not there and the datepicker works fine. Perhaps a file in the plugin is not uploaded correctly.

Try re-uploading all files – You can just overwrite them all from a new download without disabling the plugin if you upload them all in one go.

360webfirm
    Badges:

I just tried again in Firefox, this actually allows Calendar, but starts with 1970. I updated it and then saved and reverted back to 1970. The hippy times 🙂

360webfirm
    Badges:

Ok will try that. Uploading all files via Root directory and overwriting what is there

360webfirm
    Badges:

It works! I uploaded the New downloaded plugin and then deleted old plugin and unzipped new one and now it seems to work fine.

I just have one question. I have Three banners running on one group. This shows the banners at random is there any function to run all three, but through a slider or automatic transition where they can change without refreshing page?

I just want one to show at any given time, but all three to transition without refresh page.

Just wondering if this plugin does that.

Thanks again for all your help.

Arnan
    Badges:

Great 🙂

Groups, unless in block mode show one advert at a time.
    If you want them to rotate without page refreshes set the group to dynamic mode.

Check out the group settings for more info and options.

360webfirm
    Badges:

I just noticed another issue. Why does the banners not display on Firefox or IE?
    Chrome works fine, and this is just not me as this is the customer complain they are not showing and I cannot see them either using Firefox or IE. Any help would be appreciated.

Steve

360webfirm
    Badges:

This is not the browser or ad ad I added the banner by itself and it shows fine in Edge and Firefox. they just do not show when using your short code.

Arnan
    Badges:

Try disabling your adblocker if you have one.
    Also make sure your advert images/assets are in the right location.

Zoe Lyme Online
    Badges:

Hi Arnan,

I’m having the same issue. We updated to the new version of AdRotate 4.11.1 last week, we are using the most up-to-date version of WordPress too. When we try to create an advert the date is saving to 1970. If you go back in, change the date and re-save it we still get 1970 – so we can’t get the ad to show on the website.

I don’t understand the instructions above on how to re-download the plugin if it’s already up-to-date. Can you help?

Thanks, Zoe

360webfirm
    Badges:

This is what I did and it worked. Please try if you want. As I say to all my clients, always take a backup before doing any changes or update son your hosting.

What you need to do downloaded the latest version to your computer, go into your hosting account and then upload the zip file to the plugins directory. Remove the other adrotator plugin folder, unzip the new one and then delete your add you are trying to place and then re create it and it should have the correct date now.

Zoe Lyme Online
    Badges:

Thanks 360. How do I download the latest version, where from?

360webfirm
    Badges:

Press download

AdRotator Download Link

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Split: Scheduling Dates Are All Incorrect…. (new install!)’ is closed to new replies.