Still can’t upgrade from within WordPress

Trouble updating AdRotate Professional to the latest version?

If your license is not expired and you are having trouble with updates for AdRotate Professional I want to hear from you!
Known issues; The update will not install or no update is visible in your dashboard.
Affected versions; Most versions of AdRotate Professional since December 2019.

Click here for the solution - AdRotate Pro update not working or not offered.

Home Forums AdRotate for WordPress Installation and Setup Still can’t upgrade from within WordPress

Jeff
    Badges:

I have 5.8.2 installed and updates still won’t work within WordPress (“Automatic update is unavailable for this plugin.”) Every time I need to update I have to search for the page that tells how to manually install. If the install can’t get fixed, please add a link to the documentation page on the development page to make it easier to find.

Arnan de Gans
    Badges:

Hi Jeff,
    I’ve updated several websites from 5.7.3 and 5.8.2 to version 5.8.3 yesterday without issue.
    I’ve also just tested it again to be sure. The update works.

With that error you mention, what else does it say? Something about your license expired perhaps? Or that it’s not active? What other errors/notifications do you see?

Jeff
    Badges:

Hi Arnan,
    That message is the only one given and there is no Update link/button. I can’t check now because I had to find my FTP program and go through the process of updating to 5.8.3 this morning. There was nothing about the license expired. I just checked and I renewed on 28 Feb 2020. There were no other messages that I saw. Sorry. I’m not sure if that helped or not.

Ralf Reymann
    Badges:

I have the same problem too and not for the first time. My pro licence is valid.

Adrotate Update fails

I cannot install update automaticly. It did not work either by updating via “ManageWP”. It is the only plugin i have with this problems during the last year.

Arnan de Gans
    Badges:

Hi @gr-gmbh – If you refresh the download cache it’ll work. WordPress checks for updates every 12 hours or so and the AdRotate update info refreshes along with it.
    Version 5.8.3 does this a little better, but it should work from 5.8.2 as well – All be it a bit slower/less intuitive.

If you keep having trouble with getting the update installed check out the yellow block at the top of the page for further assistance.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Still can’t upgrade from within WordPress’ is closed to new replies.

You may be interested in