Transient data still isn't being deleted

Not one for queueing up? Get faster support with AdRotate Pro!
The forum is checked a few times per week. With AdRotate Pro you can get answers faster using email support.
More private, more direct and usually a solution within a day! Learn more »

Home Forums AdRotate for WordPress Bug Reports Transient data still isn't being deleted

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Arnan 1 year, 9 months ago.

tribecacitizen
    Badges:

I was hoping the most recent update would fix this, but I’m sorry to report that the transient data is not being deleted. It has inserted about 670,000 rows in the last 6 days, so I once again manually deleted it. Is there some other setting we need to activate for this to occur?

(I’m using AdRotate Free 3.19 on WordPress 4.7.2.)

Arnan
    Badges:

Did you enable the deletion of transient data in AdRotate Settings > Stats?
    Is the cleanup schedule active? (Visible in Settings > Maintenance)

tribecacitizen
    Badges:

The box is checked, so it appears to be enabled and still isn’t working. We are not using any kind of caching plugin.

Arnan
    Badges:

If you look in Settings > Maintenance, is the schedule active?

tribecacitizen
    Badges:

There is no option on the Settings > Maintenance page to activate a schedule; should there be one? (Reminder: I am using the free version, if that makes a difference.) In the Status and Versions section of the Maintenance page, it does say:

Clean Transients February 24, 2017 15:53

However it has said that before with an earlier date, and the date has passed and the transients were not deleted. The date changes, but the transients are not deleted.

tribecacitizen
    Badges:

The transient data is still not being deleted from the wp_options table. I have confirmed the schedule is active under Settings > Maintenance. I disabled and re-enabled “clean up temporary data” on the Stats page, waited until the date/time shown next to Clean Transients on the Maintenance page had passed. They were not deleted. I tried all that a couple of times.

Everything is set correctly based on your guidance, but they are still not being deleted and I have to do it manually every few days so my site won’t be impacted. Is it possible that the plug-in does not have permissions to delete from the wp_options table? Could that be why they are not being cleaned up?

Arnan
    Badges:

That must be an issue with your hosting then. The data is deleted just fine for many people and you all use the same code.

However, yesterdays update did away with transients – The API is not fast enough for AdRotate.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Transient data still isn't being deleted’ is closed to new replies.