Trouble with font of website when update the plugin AdRotate

Home Forums AdRotate for WordPress General Support Trouble with font of website when update the plugin AdRotate

Fabrizio Leo
    Badges:

Good evening,
    we have a font problem with the old free version of the plugin (version 5.0.1): when we tried to update to a later version the fonts on our site changed.

We thought we could solve it by purchasing the paid version but the same thing happens.

WorPress is updated: version 5.3.2 and we use the Schema theme in version 3.9.4.

Fabrizio Leo
    Badges:

This is the image before the update: Before update

After the update: After update

Arnan de Gans
    Badges:

That can happen when your theme sets no rules for it’s fonts. Some poorly made themes don’t do that.
    Anything AdRotate does for fonts is applied to the advert parts only.

I don’t see why updating from 5.0.1 to 5.7 would cause this as this method has been in place from version 4 – Several years ago ๐Ÿ˜‰ So that update shouldn’t make a difference.
    But aside from that, in my experience, every time this happened the issue was with the theme not setting a character width or line height properly or something like that.

Fabrizio Leo
    Badges:

Umh, the Schema theme is very simple, so can you let us know something about it? If not, you should proceed with the refund.
    It is not possible that the update of the plugin will change the text of a whole website. So the problem is most likely to be attributed to the plugin update. The theme clearly allows us to get our hands on fonts etc., but the plugin shouldn’t go to touch these settings.

Fabrizio Leo
    Badges:

Nothing new? Anyone who answers me a little more exhaustively?

Arnan de Gans
    Badges:

Sorry for the late reply โ€“ Notifications seems screwed up againโ€ฆ ๐Ÿ™„

As I mentioned, usually this is caused by the theme not setting a line-height properly for the theme.

AdRotate sets a lineheight for certain ads and applies that to its own stuff. But some poorly written themes inherit the set lineheight for some reason. Thus, your theme needs to define its own lineheight – As all good themes do.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

You may be interested in