Updating removed all ads

Home Forums AdRotate for WordPress General Support Updating removed all ads

DMITRII
    Badges:

Good day! Could you please tell me how to solve the problem with updating the plugin AdRotate. I have purchased a new license for Upgrading from version 4.14 to version 5.8.13.

Updating removed all advertisements from the plugin and all groups. And there were about 200 of them. Is it possible to return them?

Or how to update AdRotate without deleting my ads?

I try to activate 4.14 again, but there is still no ads.

DMITRII
    Badges:

Now I saw that you offer assistance in upgrading from older versions https://ajdg.solutions/product/adrotate-update/

But unfortunately there were no warnings that the ads would be deleted.

Ads have been deleted completely or will editing the database help?

Arnan de Gans
    Badges:

Updating from older versions does not delete adverts.
    There is no function or code to do so either.

Please check your servers error_log file for any errors. It’s possible that the update was incomplete and WP/AdRotate now can not read the database. If it is actively generating errors, then something is there.

You can also take a look at the database and see if there are a bunch of tables with _adrotate_ in the name, if those tables have records/data in them, those are probably your adverts and groups.

This means your adverts are probably still there, just not readable for now. This can usually be fixed.

If the adverts are truly gone, empty tables, it’s likely you uninstalled the old version before installing the newer one. Which will, of-course, delete the data.

DMITRII
    Badges:

The list of plugins indicated that automatic updates were not possible. So I uninstalled the old version and installed the new one. Was this supposed to remove all ads from the database?

When working with other plugins, this never happened – I was sure that this should not happen. I will know now.

Checked in the database – they are indeed deleted.

Please tell me how in this case it was necessary to update if automatic update is not possible?

If I have a database backup – can I just copy the database rows from there and paste into the new database to return the ads?

Arnan de Gans
    Badges:

If you uninstall a plugin that’ll delete all data as well yes.
    That has been a ‘feature’ or option for over 10 years in WordPress – Many plugins, AdRotate (Pro) included, use it.

To get your stuff back, please (partially) restore your backup. Once done you can install the new version following the update steps (below). A partial restore is often possible, and easily done because all data is in separate tables, all with _adrotate_ in the name.

Upgrade instruction: https://ajdg.solutions/support/adrotate-manuals/upgrade-adrotate-pro-to-a-newer-version/

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Updating removed all ads’ is closed to new replies.

You may be interested in