WordPress Check flags E_ERROR in update-api.php

Trouble updating AdRotate Professional to the latest version?

If your license is not expired and you are having trouble with updates for AdRotate Professional I want to hear from you!
Known issues; The update will not install or no update is visible in your dashboard.
Affected versions; Most versions of AdRotate Professional since December 2019.

Click here for the solution - AdRotate Pro update not working or not offered.

Home Forums AdRotate for WordPress Bug Reports WordPress Check flags E_ERROR in update-api.php

Colin Kissack
    Badges:

Hi Arnan

Since deploying Pro 5.8.2 I’ve had the following pop up in my inbox and have to use the recovery mode link to be able to do anything useful in WP Admin.

I’ve disabled re-enabled the plugin and updated the settings, it then seems okay until WP checks again.

Is there actually any kind of error in update-api.php or is this a false positive in some way? The front end seems fine and the banners get served okay.

Cheers

Colin

When seeking help with this issue, you may be asked for some of the following information:
    WordPress version 5.4.1
    Current theme: X – Child Theme (version 1.0.0)
    Current plugin: AdRotate Professional (version 5.8.2)
    PHP version 7.0.33
    Error Details
    =============
    An error of type E_ERROR was caused in line 81 of the file /home/myiom/public_html/staycation.im/wp-content/plugins/adrotate-pro-5842/library/update-api.php. Error message: Uncaught Error: Cannot use object of type WP_Error as array in /home/myiom/public_html/staycation.im/wp-content/plugins/adrotate-pro-5842/library/update-api.php:81
    Stack trace:

#0 /home/myiom/public_html/staycation.im/wp-content/plugins/adrotate-pro-5842/library/update-api.php(100): adrotate_update_check()
    #1 /home/myiom/public_html/staycation.im/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(289): adrotate_get_update_information(Object(stdClass))
    #2 /home/myiom/public_html/staycation.im/wp-includes/plugin.php(206): WP_Hook->apply_filters(Object(stdClass), Array)
    #3 /home/myiom/public_html/staycation.im/wp-includes/option.php(1801): apply_filters('site_transient_...', Object(stdClass), 'update_plugins')
    #4 /home/myiom/public_html/staycation.im/wp-includes/update.php(658): get_site_transient('update_plugins')
    #5 /home/myiom/public_html/staycation.im/wp-includes/admin-bar.php(1021): wp_get_update_data()
    #6 /home/myiom/public_html/staycation.im/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(287): wp_admin_bar_updates_menu(Object(WP_Admin_Bar))
    #

Arnan de Gans
    Badges:

Hi Colin, If you click “check for updates” in Settings > Maintenance the error should go away.
    In the next version the error is handled differently (and correctly) so it shouldn’t show at all.
    A couple more refinements will be added in 5.8.3 and probably later versions too.

Colin Kissack
    Badges:

Thanks Arnan – will do that if it happens again before you get the next version out. Cheers Colin

Jeff
    Badges:

Hi Arnan,
    I received this same message starting yesterday and I was already running 5.8.3. I didn’t have a problem accessing wp-admin. Based on your suggestion above, I clicked Check for Updates. We’ll see if I get anymore emails today for this.

Arnan de Gans
    Badges:

Moved to Bug reports.
    The next version of AdRotate Pro will handle this error more intuitive so it wont interfere with normal operation of the site.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

You may be interested in