WordPress Database – Unknown Column

Home Forums AdRotate for WordPress General Support WordPress Database – Unknown Column

ourhometowninc
    Badges:

Hi, we are getting this error after we updated the Adrotate Pro Plugin.

[01-Apr-2022 14:16:08 UTC] WordPress database error Unknown column ‘limit’ in ‘field list’ for query UPDATE wp_adrotate SET type = limit WHERE id = 203; made by adrotate_filter_schedule

Can you advise on a possible solution?

Arnan de Gans
    Badges:

If you’ve just updated make sure you have finished the update properly.
    There probably is a big banner in the dashboard prompting you to finish it.

If not, go to settings > maintenance, near the bottom you’ll find the database (probably in red) version and a button to also update the database.

ourhometowninc
    Badges:

That worked thanks. Is it possible to do this upgrade from the CLI? If not, that would make a great addition for those of us managing hundreds of sites.

Thanks again

Arnan de Gans
    Badges:

I don’t really support CLI and don’t really know how that works.
    But if you can trigger the function adrotate_check_upgrade() from there then yes.

ourhometowninc
    Badges:

Got it. We’ll give that a try. I have another question let me know if I should create a new post:

Our customers are seeing issues where certain adrotate pro widgets are disappearing. We thought it might be related to the (depreciated) status of the widgets but it’s happening randomly. Any idea what could cause them to disappear from the customizer and the site home page/sidebar?

Thanks

Arnan de Gans
    Badges:

How are the widgets disappearing? Are they loosing their config? Or is the whole widget gone?
    Or is the advert/group in it just not working?

ourhometowninc
    Badges:

I apologize. I wrote up a reply but it looks like I never hit submit. The widgets were completely removed. I even checked the wp_option to see if it was listed there but it wasn’t.

We were several versions behind and the DB upgrade issue was going on for a couple of days. I’m guessing one of these caused the issue. If you are aware of any other issues that may cause this in the future, please let us know so we can try to prevent it on the next update.

Arnan de Gans
    Badges:

Being behind on updates does not cause widgets to disappear.
    If they’re not listed in the widgets record in wp_options I can only assume someone removed the widget or Wordpress did something to it, remember they’re forcing blocks everywhere… which tends to make a mess of things.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

You may be interested in