wordpress updates notifications disappear

Trouble updating AdRotate Professional to the latest version?

If your license is not expired and you are having trouble with updates for AdRotate Professional I want to hear from you!
Known issues; The update will not install or no update is visible in your dashboard.
Affected versions; Most versions of AdRotate Professional since December 2019.

Click here for the solution - AdRotate Pro update not working or not offered.

Home Forums AdRotate for WordPress Bug Reports wordpress updates notifications disappear

PALABRASCLAVE
    Badges:

Hello
    When I activate adrotate pro the WP update notifications and the list of plugins pending update appear. As soon as I deactivate adrotate pro they are again visible and accessible.
    Why does this happen?

Use adrotate pro v 5.8.2
    my version of WP 5.4.1
    I don’t have any error message indicating any kind of problem

Arnan de Gans
    Badges:

Where does the list show and what does it look like?

PALABRASCLAVE
    Badges:

When adrotate pro is deactivated, I see in the worm panel (backend) “the balloon” with the number of plugins pending update next to the “Plugings” side menu option and “updates”.

Also within the list of installed plugins, next to each plugin appears the notice “there is a new update, the details and the option to update now”.

All of that disappears and I can’t see which plugins require updating until I disable adrotate pro.

As soon as active adrotate all those notifications disappear and the backend is displayed without any notification of pending updates, even entering the plugin list does not show any warning.

I insist when adrotate is disabled I see the notifications without any problem.

Arnan de Gans
    Badges:

I can’t reproduce that on my test site.
    And such a thing, as far as I can tell, is not possible with the update routine in AdRotate Pro.

Can I see your dashboard? Perhaps I can spot the issue and understand it better then.
    Please email me via your dashboard support form – Make sure you enable the “take a look” checkbox so I can log in.
    Thanks!

PALABRASCLAVE
    Badges:

Hello
    I notice the problem arises when the adrotate pro license is not connected.
    The adrotate license was temporarily deactivated on the site with problems.
    When connecting the license again, the wordpress update indications and the rest of the plugins appeared.
    In a test site that I have I installed adrotate pro to reproduce the situation and indeed, if the adrotate license is not connected, the updates of other plugins are hidden
    I hope it serves to detect the bug.

Thank you

Arnan de Gans
    Badges:

So, with AdRotate Pro active and no license.
    No updates for plugins show? No notifications?
    That would mean that if I install a older version of another plugin it won’t show the update for that plugin.

Is that what you mean?

Arnan de Gans
    Badges:

Hmm, looks like something weird is going on.
    I’ll fix that for the next version.

Thanks for your report!

Arnan de Gans
    Badges:

Moved to bugreports.

Arnan de Gans
    Badges:

Found it! 🥳
    I’ll include the patch for the next version.

PALABRASCLAVE
    Badges:

I’m glad to hear you found the problem.👍
    Great add-on adrotate pro 👏🏻👏🏻

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘wordpress updates notifications disappear’ is closed to new replies.

You may be interested in