wp_options table entries

Home Forums AdRotate for WordPress General Support wp_options table entries

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Arnan 1 year, 11 months ago.

tribecacitizen
    Badges:

The thread we had on this topic won’t let me post again, so I’m starting a new one.

Here’s your most recent response, to refresh your memory: “The cleanup runs multiple times a day and is permanently active after you activate the plugin. If there is no such function.mention visible in AdRotate Settings > Maintenance you’re not using the latest version. In that case, update to the latest version of AdRotate.”

I’m on the latest version of the free plugin (3.18.1), and there is no indication on the Settings > Maintenance page that a regular cleanup is running or how to initiate the regular cleanup to run. The wp_options table continues to grow and I have to manually delete the transient data every couple of days or my site is affected.

I’m sorry to have to keep asking about this, but something just isn’t working correctly.

cnxsoft
    Badges:

I can confirm I have the same problem with the latest Adrotate (or maybe the latest changes have not been pushed to WordPress plugin site?). I have a few millions entries in wp_options, which in my case is not a problem in itself, but it’s the high CPU usage that cause an issueby slowing down the website. Sometimes I can barely access the admin dashboard in wordpress.

The maintenance tab still shows the transients have been cleaned from time to time: “Clean Transients January 27, 2017 13:29”. It looks like it happens twice a day maybe.

tribecacitizen
    Badges:

I just saw on the AdRotate site that a new version is coming (3.18.2) with a fix for the transient problem. Thanks! https://ajdg.solutions/products/adrotate-for-wordpress/development/

Marcus Downey
    Badges:

Any update on the fix release? My database has shot up from 40mb to 700mb even though its states transients are being cleaned on a regular basis. I used to flush the table on the older versions but now its posting in wp_options it impossible to flush. At this rate my site will be disabled in a few days without the urgent fix.

cnxsoft
    Badges:

If I go to Maintenance->Clean-up Database

Check both

* Delete stats older than 356 days (Optional).
    * Delete old tracker data. (Does nothing if you use a memcached plugin)

and click on Cleanup database. The wp_options database becomes much smaller. That’s what I’m doing every few days while waiting for the fix.

Marcus Downey
    Badges:

Yeah I justed tried it and the DB crashed lol lost connectivity.. this only started a few weeks ago.

Marcus Downey
    Badges:

If I go to Maintenance->Clean-up Database

Check both

* Delete stats older than 356 days (Optional).
    * Delete old tracker data. (Does nothing if you use a memcached plugin)

and click on Cleanup database. The wp_options database becomes much smaller. That’s what I’m doing every few days while waiting for the fix.

Ok did that and nothing has changed – db still same size

cnxsoft
    Badges:

I forgot one more step…
    The number of entries should have been reduces now, but the database should be optimized.
    I do that with WP-Optimize plugin. Better back the database before if you can.

Marcus Downey
    Badges:

Ah that did it, thanks now down to 99mb 🙂

Arnan
    Badges:

The next version will include a working cleanup routine for excessive/expired transients.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘wp_options table entries’ is closed to new replies.