AdRotate Pro, like most other plugins, will receive updates from time to time.
Once you’ve purchased a license for AdRotate Pro you can download the required files via your account on this website.
Via the dashboard
Automatic updates are offered once you activate your license. The updates will be visible in your dashboard similar to any other plugin on the plugins page or the WordPress update dashboard.
After WordPress installs the update for you, you may be prompted to click a big green “Finish Update” button. More on that below.
- Download the latest version of AdRotate Pro from your account
- Log in to your WordPress dashboard and disable AdRotate Pro from the plugins page.
- Access your hosting account using your favourite (s)FTP client.
- Navigate to /wp-content/plugins/ (or wherever you keep your plugins)
- Unzip adrotate-pro.zip file on your computer and upload the resulting adrotate-pro folder to the plugins folder.
- Log back in to your WordPress dashboard and navigate to the Plugins page.
- Re-activate AdRotate Professional.
- When activated, you may be prompted to click a big green “Finish Update” button.
And that’s it 🙂
Finish Update banner
After some updates you will see a big orange and black banner in the WordPress dashboard.
This banner has a geen button labeled “Finish Update”. Clicking this button will apply new settings, database changes and set up new features.
Not every update will have changes that requires you to click a button, but some of the larger ones do. Usually if there are new features included in the plugin.
Ignoring this banner will result in errors and may cause your site or AdRotate (Pro) to stop working properly.