Analytics Spam Blocker
Analytics Spam Blocker is a easy and convenient way to get rid of Referral Spam in your analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Piwik Analytics and similar services. No need to create complex filters or to maintain a list of domains yourself. Let Analytics Spam Blocker deal with that for you.
Analytics Spam Blocker by default blocks about 70 common referral spam domains. For continuous updates you can subscribe to a fully automated update system to receive an updated blocklist daily with new domains as they become available.
New domains can be submitted by every user of the plugin, right from their dashboard. All you need is Analytics Spam Blocker and an active subscription to the blocklist updates. Which is free.
- Block known referral domains via .htaccess rules
- Automatically update the blocklist daily
- Report new domains from your dashboard
- Fully automated API to manage domains
If you spot a domain in your website statistics you can report it via your dashboard. The Analytics Spam Blocker dashboard is available in the Tools menu in your WordPress Dashboard. If a domain gets reported a few times it will be included in the blocklist.
Features listed here are complete and will most likely be in the next version.
Next version – Probably v2.5
- Nothing yet
All recent changes to the plugin and the API.
May 18 2018 – v2.4.2
- [change] Compatibility update
- [change] Updated dashboard
December 13 2017 – v2.4.1
- [new] Added help tabs
- [fix] Some dashboard notifications not showing up correctly
- [fix] Removed double html and css classes for errors
- [change] Improved compatibility with WordPress
- [change] Api updates
- [change] Re-arranged the dashboard
June 10 2017 – v2.4
- [fix] Better field sanitizing to better deal with copy&paste behavior
- [fix] Better domain filtering
- [fix] Better email handling
- [fix] No more endless linebreaks in the .htaccess file
- [change] Dashboard tweaks
May 14 2017 – v2.3
- Dashboard tweaks
April 20 2017 – v2.2
- Dashboard tweaks
April 4 2017 – v2.1.1
- [fix] Registration reminder shows up correctly
March 7 2017 – v2.1
- [new] Review reminder
- [new] Registration reminder
February 5 2017 – v2.0
- [new] Easily report referral spam domains
- [new] Dashboard page in Tools menu
- [new] Daily blocklist updates
- [change] Restructured the whole plugin
September 2016 – v1.8.1
- Development taken over by Arnan de Gans