AdRotate Pro, like most other plugins, will receive updates from time to time. Usually once per month or so.
If you see this page you’ve received an email notifying you that your installation of AdRotate Pro is more than 5 versions behind on the current version. My notification system knows this because your website checks for updates every day and you consistently didn’t update. This may put your website at risk.
To motivate people to update more consistently I’ve gone through some great efforts to create an easy to use update system that works exactly the same as regular WordPress plugin updates. The number one response in my support efforts is that people should update their AdRotate plugin first. Most of the time the issue they’re having or the feature they’re missing is because they didn’t update.
Why updating your plugins is important
Often bug fixes are included in newer versions of plugins. Sometimes these are security related or simply fix broken features. In some updates new features may be included or old features are improved, adding more value to your AdRotate experience.
Updating is therefor not only useful, but also important.
If you do not want to install every update, then do so at-least twice a year or so.
Updating via the dashboard
The updates will be visible in your WordPress dashboard, just like any other plugin on the plugins page or the WordPress update dashboard. You can also check for updates manually by clicking the “Check Again” button in your dashboard as depicted below.
Updating manually via (s)FTP
If the update doesn’t show in your dashboard for some reason you can also update AdRotate Professional manually via (s)FTP. Follow the steps below to do so. This will only take a few minutes.
- Download the latest version of AdRotate Professional from your account
- Log in to your WordPress dashboard and disable AdRotate Professional from the plugins page.
- Access your hosting account using your favorite (s)FTP client.
- Navigate to /wp-content/plugins/ (or wherever you keep your plugins)
- On your computer, unzip the adrotate-pro.zip file on your computer and upload the resulting adrotate-pro folder to the WordPress plugins folder.
- Log back in to your WordPress dashboard and navigate to the Plugins dashboard page.
- Activate AdRotate Professional.
- When activated, you may be prompted to click a Finish Update button in a notification bar.