AdRotate Pro, like most other plugins, will receive updates from time to time.
Once you’ve purchased a license for AdRotate Pro you can download the required files via your account on this website.
As a service
If you don’t know how to update AdRotate Pro on your website or something went wrong and you need help with upgrading AdRotate Professional take a look at the Update Service. This professional service takes away the worries and hassle and usually takes only 1 to 2 business days to complete. Get AdRotate updated for you!
However, most people can manage updating AdRotate Professional. In many cases installing the update only takes a few minutes. Follow the steps below for a smooth procedure.
Automatically via the dashboard
Automatic updates are offered once you activate your license. The updates will be visible in your WordPress dashboard, similar to any other plugin on the plugins page or the WordPress update dashboard.
- Log in to your WordPress dashboard and navigate to Dashboard > Updates.
- Click the Check for Updates or Check Again button near the top.
- Select the AdRotate Pro plugin and click to install the update. This may take a few seconds.
- When installed, you may be prompted to click a big green Finish Update button.
Manually via (s)FTP
- Download the latest version of AdRotate Pro from your account
- Log in to your WordPress dashboard and disable AdRotate Pro from the plugins page.
- Access your hosting account using your favourite (s)FTP client.
- Navigate to /wp-content/plugins/ (or wherever you keep your plugins)
- On your computer, unzip adrotate-pro.zip file on your computer and upload the resulting adrotate-pro folder to the plugins folder.
- Log back in to your WordPress dashboard and navigate to the Plugins dashboard page.
- Re-activate AdRotate Professional.
- When activated, you may be prompted to click a big green Finish Update button.
And that’s it 🙂
Finish Update banner
After some updates you will see a big orange and black banner in the WordPress dashboard.
This banner has a green button labeled Finish Update. Clicking this button will set up new features, apply new settings and database changes.
Not every update will have changes that requires you to click a button, but some of the larger ones do. Usually if there are new features or important bug fixes included in the plugin.
Ignoring this banner will result in errors and may cause your site or AdRotate (Pro) to stop working properly.