Difficulty: Easy | Updated: August 16, 2022
Updating my plugins in WordPress and ClassicPress is usually easy to do and should take only a few minutes. More common plugins like AdRotate will have an update routine built-in. But the WooCommerce and Classic Commerce plugins usually do not. These need to be updated manually.
You can always find the latest version for download in your account in the top right of this website.
Free downloads are available through the product pages of each applicable plugin.
- Extract the latest version of the plugin on your computer.
For example to your desktop.
- Locate the resulting folder on your computer.
This folder will be named after the plugin. For example ‘payment-gateway-stats’.
- Login to your website with your favorite (s)FTP client and navigate to the “wp-content/plugins/” folder.
- Upload the plugin folder from your computer to the “wp-content/plugins/” folder.
The folder will already exist, you can safely overwrite this folder as doing so replaces the old plugin version.
- Once done go to the WordPress dashboard and navigate to the Plugins dashboard page.
- Make sure the plugin is there and shows the newer version.
And that’s it! Enjoy!