This started as a quick patch for deleting Adverts, but once I got going and dove into the code a bit deeper to fix the renaming mistake I made in an earlier update I found a bunch more quirks. AdRotate Geo was acting up again and generally what was going to be a small patch turned into a full update with many tweaks and improvements.Read more »
A small update with some edits and tweaks for the dashboard and a fix for a potential security flaw. This has been fixed to minimise any risk. So please update as soon as possible.Read more »
Updating is easy and effortless, it only takes a few minutes.
Over the last few days I did some troubleshooting for this site in general and came across some issues with the Analytics Spam Blocker API. Which have been resolved today. It took a lot of testing and trial and error. But the new API 2 now actually works.
Sites should now get new blocklists again, and get them reliably. Registration of new users is now also faster and works. For some users the response would be empty or null… Or registration would flat out fail… None of that anymore.Read more »
A number of fixes are included in AdRotate Pro 5.1, most notably that graphs now render correctly. Another improvement is that CSS for the header is no longer generated on pageload, but when you save your group. This should speed things up a little.
The transition for rotating adverts in Dynamic Groups has been changed to a fading effect. Please let me know what you think of that and if it’s too slow or fast.
The Advert Generator got overhauled and expanded upon. Image sizes are now detected by AdRotate which lets the Advert Generator create smarter and more complete code. At the same time, the useless HTML5/Flash option has been removed from the Advert Generator. You can just paste your code in the advert instead. Which is faster.Read more »
A quick update fixing a communications error that affected a few users. Something went wrong with processing reports and new registrations on the server. This has now been fixed.
Report Referral Spam
Referral spam continues to be a bother for many site owners. Using Analytics Spam Blocker helps you get your stats back and true. Report any suspicious domains via your Analytics Spam Blocker dashboard to make sure they are blocked from your analytics.
Your report is important to make stats better and discourage the use of referral spam domains. The more reports get sent in, the less effective the domains become. Which may cause referral spam to die out.
Changes for v2.7.1
- [fix] Communication error with the server for some people
Better stats, Better dashboard
This update focuses on the dashboard and display of stats. While the graphs in themselves haven’t changed – You can now navigate them much easier with datepickers. You can pick any range you want and see much more than just one month at a time. It took a while to figure out but this seems to work fine 🙂
A much requested feature for some time now. And finally it’s here. Let me know if you run into any quirks with the datepickers so I can improve them if nessesary.
Throughout pretty much every dashboard page there have been little tweaks and changes. Nothing all that drastic, but just small updates to make it just that better looking. Spacing, typos, field sizes. Pretty much everything got a good look and probably a little tweak. If you notice any irregularities, let me know 🙂Read more »
Turns out something was wrong with the update slug in AdRotate Pro. This is the behind-the-scenes-name for the plugin to get updates. This has been fixed in version 4.18.2. If your update doesn’t work you can update manually using these steps: Update AdRotate Pro to a newer version. This takes only a few minutes.
However, the automated update should work just fine, too. If the update doesn’t work, let me know and I’ll help you update where required.Read more »
I’ve upgraded AdRotate Geo to version 5. The older API will be retired in a few months. The newer API has better protection against fake users and stuff like that. Hopefully it’ll be faster for legitimate users 🙂
More importantly to you – the new API will no longer send empty responses like some users using version AdRotate Pro 4.17 experienced. So it’s working more reliable now, too.Read more »
This update fixes a few things to improve PHP7 compatibility and overall stability of the plugin. The dashboard keeps getting small incremental changes and tweaks.
This time the “Help” tab got re-done. It’s now an actual help tab, too.Read more »
Take a look at the renewed content in it. If you’re looking for adverts to increase revenue take a look at the Partners tab.
Updated all social links to point to the right Facebook Page. Re-arranged some strings and dashboard elements. Checked and verified that stats were accurate (since a bug in AdRotate Pro was fixed for a stats related issue). As far as I can see, it still works 🙂
Some reports that the schedule impression and/or click limit doesn’t work have been tested. I can find no such issue. All adverts disable/expire when they should.Read more »