Tag Archives: bugfix

AdRotate Pro 4.13.2 – Fixes and things…

Post Injection is a difficult feature for some reason. Fixing it will take some time. So in the meantime we’re rolling Post Injection back to what it was in version 4.12. It’s not perfect, but at-least it worked a little bit.

Some widgets had issues with a stray network variable, which has been resolved and shortcodes did something dumb with W3 Total Cache – Not sure how that happened, but it did. Now it’s fixed.

Some users of older licenses (starting with 101) had trouble activating or de-activating their license some times. This has been resolved too.

AdRotate Geo and Updates

As announced AdRotate Geo no longer works as of API v4. Which all current versions look at. Version v3 is still online but as use diminishes will be shut down in a few weeks or months.

Updates are provided to users with licenses starting with 102 or higher. That includes everyone who bought their license AFTER December 2014. All older licenses will no longer receive updates. Your license will remain active and you will still have access to your download. Just not the latest version. If you want future updates, get a renewal license. More on that here – Phasing out legacy licenses.

Changes

  • [rollback] Post Injection to previous version
  • [fix] Advert widget looking for a network variable
  • [fix] Group widget looking for a network variable
  • [fix] Shortcodes for W3 Total Cache not reliable for some users
  • [fix] Legacy licenses not able to activate or de-activate

What’s that smell

Recently while exploring the area of the city a little bit we found some new backroads. Nice… Or so we thought. At the end of one, which just connected to a new road we found this.

Post Injection redone and reinvented

The next update for AdRotate Pro and AdRotate Free will be all about Post Injection. The whole system is going to be redone.
I’m tired of theme incompatibilities. And over the last few months, based on user feedback and comments, I’ve pretty much pinpointed the limitations how Post Injection currently works.

I’m not entirely sure how I’m going to fix things, but I’ll probably take the whole option set away from groups and make it a separate thing. This should allow for greater control (hopefully) of where and how many adverts show up in places.

I’ve looked at some other plugins on how they do it, yes I’m cheating a bit, and have some ideas on how to make things right.

So far I’ve always tried to patch things up based on the current mindset, clearly it’s not working and as much as I dispise ever inventing Post Injection, it is a popular feature that is important to a lot of users. So we’re stuck with it, pretty much.

Stay tuned for fanciness and working Post Injection.

AdRotate Pro 4.13.1 – Datepickers

A quick update introducing an all new datepicker that actually works. Or as far as I can see. Date formats are now correct in all browsers, too.

For expired licenses (All licenses starting with 101) the force deactivate option now works, too. This of-course applies to everyone who wants to renew their license and has to swap it out at some point.

Don’t forget to renew your license, if you take a look at your Dashboard > Settings > License, you’ll be offered a renewal fee at a discount.

Changes

  • [fix] Date pickers not setting the right dates for some users
  • [fix] Editing schedules now sets right date format in all browsers
  • [fix] Force-deactivating old licenses working more reliable
  • [new] More attractive theme for date pickers