This is an important update which aims to add more diversity to your adverts. I’ve added a basic filter to prevent adverts from showing more than once on the same page. Also the advert error states have been improved a bit with more clear notifications.Read more »
This update removes a lot of unused debug code. Which overall should improve the speed of the plugin a bit (just a tiny bit). Also the installation script has been optimised to better check for existing tables. And more visibly the dashboard widgets got fixed and should now show up correctly.Read more »
Some fixes to the dashboard, a lot of tweaks and minute changes. And a bunch of background code got cleaned up. The AdRotate Pro page got redone along with some other changes.Read more »
A maintenance update fixing a few quirks on the dashboard. And for your convenience a few more error checks for adverts have been added. If something goes wrong with creating or updating adverts. AdRotate Pro can now tell you about it even better.Read more »
Someone noticed a missing semi-colon in the CSS output, causing some weird behaviour on some themes. This has been fixed as well.
This started as a quick patch for deleting Adverts, but once I got going and dove into the code a bit deeper to fix the renaming mistake I made in an earlier update I found a bunch more quirks. AdRotate Geo was acting up again and generally what was going to be a small patch turned into a full update with many tweaks and improvements.Read more »
A small update with some edits and tweaks for the dashboard and a fix for a potential security flaw. This has been fixed to minimise any risk. So please update as soon as possible.Read more »
Updating is easy and effortless, it only takes a few minutes.
Over the last few days I did some troubleshooting for this site in general and came across some issues with the Analytics Spam Blocker API. Which have been resolved today. It took a lot of testing and trial and error. But the new API 2 now actually works.
Sites should now get new blocklists again, and get them reliably. Registration of new users is now also faster and works. For some users the response would be empty or null… Or registration would flat out fail… None of that anymore.Read more »
A number of fixes are included in AdRotate Pro 5.1, most notably that graphs now render correctly. Another improvement is that CSS for the header is no longer generated on pageload, but when you save your group. This should speed things up a little.
The transition for rotating adverts in Dynamic Groups has been changed to a fading effect. Please let me know what you think of that and if it’s too slow or fast.
The Advert Generator got overhauled and expanded upon. Image sizes are now detected by AdRotate which lets the Advert Generator create smarter and more complete code. At the same time, the useless HTML5/Flash option has been removed from the Advert Generator. You can just paste your code in the advert instead. Which is faster.Read more »
A quick update fixing a communications error that affected a few users. Something went wrong with processing reports and new registrations on the server. This has now been fixed.
Report Referral Spam
Referral spam continues to be a bother for many site owners. Using Analytics Spam Blocker helps you get your stats back and true. Report any suspicious domains via your Analytics Spam Blocker dashboard to make sure they are blocked from your analytics.
Your report is important to make stats better and discourage the use of referral spam domains. The more reports get sent in, the less effective the domains become. Which may cause referral spam to die out.
Changes for v2.7.1
- [fix] Communication error with the server for some people
Better stats, Better dashboard
This update focuses on the dashboard and display of stats. While the graphs in themselves haven’t changed – You can now navigate them much easier with datepickers. You can pick any range you want and see much more than just one month at a time. It took a while to figure out but this seems to work fine 🙂
A much requested feature for some time now. And finally it’s here. Let me know if you run into any quirks with the datepickers so I can improve them if nessesary.
Throughout pretty much every dashboard page there have been little tweaks and changes. Nothing all that drastic, but just small updates to make it just that better looking. Spacing, typos, field sizes. Pretty much everything got a good look and probably a little tweak. If you notice any irregularities, let me know 🙂Read more »