This started as a quick patch for deleting Adverts, but once I got going and dove into the code a bit deeper to fix the renaming mistake I made in an earlier update I found a bunch more quirks. AdRotate Geo was acting up again and generally what was going to be a small patch turned into a full update with many tweaks and improvements.
AdRotate now fully supports and encourages the use of the new(ish) translation system offered by WordPress. This means no more po and mo files and going back and forth with those files. You can translate directly on the WordPress website now. If you want to help with this, take a look at the translation section for AdRotate here: translate.wordpress.org/projects/wp-plugins/adrotate/.
This update focusses on some small but important bugfixes for CSS generation. As you may know CSS is no longer generated on pageload, but stored in the database now. This makes your site faster. As a result CSS now has to be generated when you save your groups. This works more reliable now.
Next to that, a new Update API has been introduced which should offer updates more reliably and more transparent. Some people would miss updates because of it. With the new iteration this should be much less. The AJdG Solutions Update server now sends more complete data about updates on the right prompts.
An update for performance and stability. The dashboard got updated in a bunch of locations to use links to my site more efficiently – Some pages have been moved and updated. This update removes a lot of unnecessary redirects.
A few texts have been reworded or rewritten to be more clear. The discount banner for upgrading to AdRotate Pro has been updated, too.
With the dawn of USB Type-C and the removal of traditional USB-A ports. A lot of people are stuck trying to use dongles for everything. While many people perceive dongles for laptops such as the MacBook Pro or certain thin laptops from Asus, Hewlett Packard among some others as something stupid or annoying. Others give in to it thinking that’s how things are now.
I see people using dongles for everything while others simply gave up and don’t connect anything. When I got my new MacBook Pro I too had a brief struggle with the concept. But then it hit me…
A quick update to improve WooCommerce compatibility as well as being up-to-date with WordPress 5.2.
I’ve also overhauled the Dashboard so it looks a bit more modern and current.
Texts and setting names have been reworded to be more straight forward and simple to understand.
And overall the whole dashboard looks much nicer now.
An error occurring when someone tries to register via WooCommerce has been resolved.
Let me know if you find more quirks 🙂
Over the last few days I did some troubleshooting for this site in general and came across some issues with the Analytics Spam Blocker API. Which have been resolved today. It took a lot of testing and trial and error. But the new API 2 now actually works.
Sites should now get new blocklists again, and get them reliably. Registration of new users is now also faster and works. For some users the response would be empty or null… Or registration would flat out fail… None of that anymore.
An update for performance and stability. CSS for the header is no longer generated on pageload, but when you save your group. This should speed things up a little.
Graphs for stats now render correctly and a number of other tweaks to the dashboard have been made.
At the request of a number of users the transition for rotating adverts in Dynamic Groups has been changed to a fading effect. Please let me know what you think of that and if it’s too slow or fast.
A number of fixes are included in AdRotate Pro 5.1, most notably that graphs now render correctly. Another improvement is that CSS for the header is no longer generated on pageload, but when you save your group. This should speed things up a little.
The transition for rotating adverts in Dynamic Groups has been changed to a fading effect. Please let me know what you think of that and if it’s too slow or fast.
The Advert Generator got overhauled and expanded upon. Image sizes are now detected by AdRotate which lets the Advert Generator create smarter and more complete code. At the same time, the useless HTML5/Flash option has been removed from the Advert Generator. You can just paste your code in the advert instead. Which is faster.
This is a bit of a rant, but for good reason. And if you read and follow my quick advise further down this article the world will be a better place. At least in the world of email etiquette.
Over the last few months this has turned into a thing that happens multiple times a week, where I get a dumb and unintuitive auto-reply telling me the email address I tried to reach doesn’t exist anymore and I should re-send my email to some other address. Or whatever silly “solution” they came up with instead of doing something logical.