Tag Archives: pro

Post Injection redone and reinvented

The next update for AdRotate Pro and AdRotate Free will be all about Post Injection. The whole system is going to be redone.
I’m tired of theme incompatibilities. And over the last few months, based on user feedback and comments, I’ve pretty much pinpointed the limitations how Post Injection currently works.

I’m not entirely sure how I’m going to fix things, but I’ll probably take the whole option set away from groups and make it a separate thing. This should allow for greater control (hopefully) of where and how many adverts show up in places.

I’ve looked at some other plugins on how they do it, yes I’m cheating a bit, and have some ideas on how to make things right.

So far I’ve always tried to patch things up based on the current mindset, clearly it’s not working and as much as I dispise ever inventing Post Injection, it is a popular feature that is important to a lot of users. So we’re stuck with it, pretty much.

Stay tuned for fanciness and working Post Injection.

AdRotate Pro 4.13.1 – Datepickers

A quick update introducing an all new datepicker that actually works. Or as far as I can see. Date formats are now correct in all browsers, too.

For expired licenses (All licenses starting with 101) the force deactivate option now works, too. This of-course applies to everyone who wants to renew their license and has to swap it out at some point.

Don’t forget to renew your license, if you take a look at your Dashboard > Settings > License, you’ll be offered a renewal fee at a discount.

Changes

  • [fix] Date pickers not setting the right dates for some users
  • [fix] Editing schedules now sets right date format in all browsers
  • [fix] Force-deactivating old licenses working more reliable
  • [new] More attractive theme for date pickers

AdRotate Pro 4.13 – Fixing Google Analytics!

A lot of small changes in this update, most notable I finally retired the old widget to make room for the newer and faster widgets. The old widget has been on the todo list to remove for some time with it’s description indicating it would happen soon.

Google Analytics has has a good look and a number of things have been fixed and improved in that area.

Widgets

The old widget has been removed from the plugin. You should upgrade to/replace them with the new widgets which have been included about 2 years ago.

These “new” widgets support all new features, unlike the old one, and are much easier to use.

Switching them out is simple. The old widget is gone, so you can simply drag in the current widget and select the advert or group you want to use.

Aside from that, if you’re on a Multisite network you now have a Network widget available to you, which allows you to load advert groups from other instances/sites on the network. This should make things a bit more easy to set up with easier to use widgets. The current group widget no longer supports networked groups – But that function never really worked well, so this is a big step forward for Multisite widget compatibility.

Date Pickers

AdRotate (Pro) Switched to use modern datepickers a few versions ago. I did some research and every browser seemed to be on board to use a natively supported widgets which also happens to be included in WordPress – I just had to load it and adapt AdRotate Pro to use it’s format. Easy…

Then Safari users reported in that it didn’t work for them. Turns out that Safari (Desktop) does NOT support native date pickers. Sigh…
AdRotate Pro now has a fallback for unsupported browsers in the form of a basic but functional datepicker. This should work for older versions of other browsers as well. I can’t test on that because I don’t use older browsers, but I did test this thing to work on current Safari versions.

Google Analytics

Google Analytics stats has been a bit dodgy since the gtag introduction.
The dropdown menu to select gtag.js now actually works. And so does reporting. All variables are now passed correctly again and reporting should return as usual. Without errors, just like it did in version 4.10 and older.

Changes

  • Legacy widgets removed, set up new widgets!
  • [new] Delete unused advert images from Maintenance
  • [change] ‘AdRotate (Old)’ widget removed
  • [change] Widgets loaded via WordPress method
  • [change] Dashboard tweaks and improvements
  • [change] Caching notifications optimised
  • [change] Redid the maintenance dashboard
  • [fix] Google Adsense event names inconsistent
  • [fix] Google Adsense showing wrong banner names
  • [fix] Google Adsense output incorrent
  • [fix] Google Adsense not applying data values
  • [fix] Export column headers mixed up for some users
  • [fix] Datepickers not working in Safari (macOS)
  • [fix] Not being able to select gtag.js in settings
  • [fix] Nothing showing in network widget on primary site
  • [fix] Nothing showing in network widget if there are no groups

Lost in the Mountains

Sort of… We took a wrong turn thinking it was a scenic route. Before long the pavement stopped. But not deterred we powered through… Often it’s just a few missing bits. But it kept getting worse. The sights kept getting better though.
After an hour of bumpy “road” we gave up and went back.